Dont believe me? Lets look at some other greats through their first 11 games started.
- Ken Griffey Jr. .194 Batting Average, 7 runs, 7 hits, 2 dingers, 6 strikeouts. P.U.
- Albert Pujols .429 Batting Average, 9 runs, 18 hits, 4 dingers, 6 strikeouts. Getting better.
- Mike Trout .179 Batting Average, 6 runs, 7 hits, 1 dinger, 9 strikeouts. Stunk out loud.
- Alex Rodriguez .244 Batting Average, 4 runs, 10 hits, 0 dingers, 13 strikeouts. Maybe he needed the juice.
- Barry Bonds .275 Batting Average, 10 runs, 11 hits, 2 dingers, 14 strikeouts. Somehow this kid it the best long ball hitter of all time.
- “Pistol” Pete Alonso .378 Batting Aveage, 10 runs, 17 hits, 6 dingers, 16 strikouts.
As you can see above only one of these players could really combine the average and the power and that man is Big Meat Pete. I’m just happy the Mets drafted someone and so far haven’t fucked it up. Who knows maybe next week they will tell him to bat lefty and the whole thing will come crumbling down. But for now lets bask in the Polar Bears greatness. Just look at this beautiful spray chart. Pete will the put the ball anywhere he wants anytime he damn well pleases.